We are very pleased to advise that The AERA database is now ready to calculate our new Endurance Sire and Dam of the Year Awards for us using their usual point system. AERA have suggested that all rides greater than 80km be included. They feel that, properly promoted, this would be a very sought-after award as it could be used to promote endurance breeding stock overseas as well as in Australia.
- Horses registered with AHSA Ltd that are recorded with the society in the name of their owner will be eligible to gain points for their AHSA registered Sire and/or Dam at rides that are 80km or longer. Membership of the owner of the competing horses is not required.
- The Sire and/or Dam must be registered AHSA Ltd in the name of their owner who must be a financial member of the Society. The sire or dam may be deceased or living.
- Points will be calculated by AERA on behalf of the AHSA Ltd.
- The owners of the winning sire and dam will receive complimentary membership of AHSA Ltd for the following financial year and, in the case of stallions, will also receive complimentary Stallion Nomination.
- The owners of the winning sire and dam will be invited to place articles in the Australian Arabian Horse News and the winners will be publicized by the Society on Social Media and in advertising.
- A merit certificate will be issued to the owners of the winning sire and dam.
Please note that no Nomination is required for this award, it will be calculated on merit and advised to us by AERA for verification of the above criteria.